24 May 2011

Give Us the 'Bird

Kori and Patrick have a timeshare at Snowbird every year for the last week of April.  They've been going for sometime now and I've just been a rotten sister and never come up to play.  Until this year.  Amy and I packed up her kids and drove up to join the Witmer's for some fun in the snow and an afternoon swim. 

Pat in his snowboarding gear, Logan in his tanooki suit, and Kori just being Kori.
We arrived in the afternoon and ready to eat so we grabbed incredibly delicious sandwiches from the deli at General Grits and ate them on an outdoor patio.  The weather was fantastic-- snow surrounded us on all sides, yet it was comfortably warm. Light jackets or hoodies got the job done just fine. In fact, Ashton was running around with no shoes or jacket, building mini snowmen.  Addison just kept eating snow, regardless of the color.

Sorry, but this picture cracks me up every time I look at it!  He's like a cat, all stretched out on the warm bricks.
See?  Mini snowman.
After lunch we went swimming.  I admit I was a little skeptical of how this would go, seeing as we were up in the snowy Wasatch mountains intending to swim in an outdoor pool.  Thoughts of hypothermia and ear aches may have crossed my mind.  The pool turned out to be... heaven.  Surrounded by the beautiful resort, watching skiers and snowboarders traverse down the mountainside, drenched with bright warm sunlight, in a bathwater-warm swimming pool with my family.  Ahhhhh, it felt amazing.  I think if we'd had more sunscreen and time, we would've stayed for hours.

What a day, what a view! Me, Kori, Ash, and Adds.
It's hazy from the steam coming off the warm pool in the cool air.  I hate it when you feel the urge to wipe down a picture with Windex, especially when such cute niecey and nephies are involved.
What would swimming be without some underwater photography fun?
Cute little family :)  By the looks of it, Logan is already embarrassed to be seen with his parents.
Nothing better than snuggly babies.  I am fairly certain of it.  Nothing.
In the end, we had to get going, a little earlier than I was quite ready for.  Ashton had a soccer game that evening and I'm sure I had something or other on the docket.  But what an incredible afternoon!  We had so much fun, and it was good for the soul to spend some time outdoors with loved ones.  A literal and metaphorical breath of fresh air.  Thanks to Kori and Pat for the invite, can't wait until next April to do it all again!

The crew at the Bird.  Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment