27 April 2011

What's a Mazza With You?

Okay, here's how bad I suck. I've been dating Sunny a while now, and I hadn't taken her on a date yet. We've hung out, had some foods, kissed a little before, but I haven't ever actually taken m'lady out for a good night. This all changed Wednesday, April 20th 2011.

I had been fretting about where to take said lady all day at work. At first I thought Ruth's Chris, but then I realized I didn't have the wealth of a small country, so I settled on Mazza.



Mazza is a Lebanese restaurant, with other middle-eastern flavors thrown in here and there, and it. Is. Amazing.
 This place reeks of cool and classy at the same time. While the decor was elegant and sleek, it's the food that sets this joint apart. Anyway, I just now realized I am doing a restaurant review. Back to the date. So I came home, and Sunny looked frakkin' amazing. This is one gorgeous girl folks. So we headed to Mazza, neither of us having eaten there (although I did have the hummus there once). We loved the joint and the 9th and 9th area, and were seated after a short wait.
 
We both got dinner specials which included an appetizer, entree, and a dessert. I went with the Lebanese salad and Sunny got a smelly rice, bean, and stuff combo. No thanks. We also got some hummus, and that stuff is magic. Literally, Sunny spoke 14 languages at the end of the meal. Lost it 2 hours later though. Shame. Anyway. For main courses, I went with a kebab sandwich, and yes it's EXACTLY what you think it is. Sunny got a pocket of bread stuffed with 2 lambs and their despair. It was delicious. Dessert was Back7ql32otadfkjelava squares....or however you spell it. Delicious.

 
After dinner, we went home, and immediately jumped into pajamas. Look, it's neat to look handsome and pretty for your girl/boy, but it was time for BSG and that's not a denim time. We watched, and subsequently had our frakkin' minds blown by the 3rd season premier and next 2 episodes. So say we all. Love it.

 
Anyway, it was an AMAZING night out with the lady, and promise not to tell Sunny, but I think I scored some points in the relationship bank. I've long cashed those in in the form of video game time, but it was nice all the same. Love my gal. Great date. Hungry now...


2 comments:

  1. I think it important to note that I didn't jump into pajamas for BSG. I jumped in to my pre-pajama comfy clothes. Just to clarify.

    ReplyDelete