27 April 2011

Eggstravaganza

I really love holidays.  Nearly all of them, actually.  I have favorites of course, but overall I welcome an excuse to celebrate.  It seems that holidays allow an extra opportunity to let your inner child come out to play, and everyone who knows me knows how much I love to play!  This week's adventure coincided with Easter so I thought it prudent that we should dye Easter eggs.  We invited our lovely pals the Armstrong's to join in the fun. 

After a somewhat disappointing dinner I made of linguine, meatballs, and asparagus, our coloring fun began. 

See how much fun we're having?!?

 
We decided to up the ante a bit by creating categories which we would vote on once the coloring was complete.  Rusty unanimously won BEST IN SHOW with his Teenage Mutant Ninja Egg.

Raphael's a cool but rude dude.
Mine were runners up in the same category, but I'm hesitant to take credit for what the Candy Apple coloring kit pretty much did for me. My camera blows, but I swear these look a bit cooler in real life... a bit.

Tie-die eggs to let my inner hippie shine

I didn't grab a snap, but my first egg won BEST IN EFFORT.  This was a category created to denote a valiant effort that just missed the mark.  I spent a lot of careful time drawing intricate patterns onto what was meant to turn into an awesome henna-paint style boho paisley sort of creation... and the result was really unfortunate.  Oh well.  

One of Clarissa's creations prompted us to create a new category on the fly.  The orange-ish monstrosity with the bloody spot on it won the honor of CRAPTASTIC. I think honorable mentions in the awesome categories are due for many of Eric and Clarissa's other creations though, don't you think?

Hooray for coloring!
After all was said and done, I was elated at the chance to finally get my picture taken with the Easter bunny!  Kia and Eric's baby Izzy played mascot for the event!

That's my Rusty... he's cute.  At least darling Izzy pulls focus :)

All in all, a very exciting adventure!  We actually lost complete track of time in our artistic endeavors and made Rusty late for his improv show that night... oops.  Next year I will research the heck out of how to hard boil eggs without having over half of them crack.  In the meantime, we will be eating a lot of egg salad and deviled eggs for the next week or two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment